Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's been a long time...


... since I've posted, no need to bore anyone with the reasons. I've done quite a bit of new work and it's about time I put some of it up. This one was done for Richmond Magazine. Something about some ex-punk rocker now a middle aged house wife trying to work up the motivation and energy to clean her house. So she does what any self respecting ex-punk rock chick would do, she put's on the Pretenders and commences to clean.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Below I have a break down of my process on this particular job in it's most basic form. There are quite a few steps I'm leaving out. In this post I'm going to cover the initial sketches, the  second, tighter sketch. Then on to the inked line work and the final finished image.

1st. go round of sketches. They liked the 2nd one but asked me to make her less Grandma and more middle age Mom. So I did...
2nd. Sketch. Here's the revised slightly more youthful middle aged ex-punk rock Mom with a slight tilt to the illo. to give it a stronger sense of motion and energy.
Inked Line Work.
Finished Illustration. Get out of the way Mom's got some cleaning to do.



No comments: