Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mamma'Zu Comic's & Activities...



About a year ago Ed from Mamma'Zu approached me about doing a post card for his restaurant. During the course of conversation it evolved into a comic book, not unlike what I used to get when I was a little kid, while waiting to be seated Bob's Big Boy. Looking back it's easy to see how cheap and badly produced it was but I was a kid who loved all things comics. Not only did it have comics it also had puzzles, mazes, connect the dots and sometimes a section you could color in yourself. Our aim was to do something like that but attempt to marry it with the irreverent sensibility of the early Harvey Kurtzman, Will elder and company Mad Magazine.

Ed turned out to be a dream client with a dream job, needless to say I had a blast with this one.

Enjoy.

No comments: